Tuesday, October 27, 2009

SPEED RACER

TJ and the boys from our school warming up for the big race


TJ was inspired by Connor to try out for a one time 5th grade Cross Country Meet. Each elementary school in the greater Chattanooga area could send their fastest 15 boys and girls to this event.

There were over 300 boys in this starting line up! Crazy!




TJ was SPEEDY and came in 17th! Way to GO Tanner Johnn!

Speaking of racing, does anyone feel like they are constantly racing around all day...and sometimes in circles?? Lately, I have been crazy busy and I wonder if I am doing the most important things or just getting caught up in the "thick of thin things" as President Monson said. It reminded me of this quote from one of his recent conference addresses-
"We [can] become so caught up in the busyness of our lives. Were we to step back, however, and take a good look at what we’re doing, we may find that we have immersed ourselves in the “thick of thin things.” In other words, too often we spend most of our time taking care of the things which do not really matter much at all in the grand scheme of things, neglecting those more important causes"
I went back and read his talk "What Have I Done For Someone Today?"{click on the title to read it too} I love this talk! It really inspired me to plan my days better so that I am making room for what is most important and not just RACING around crazy all day!

4 comments:

Amy said...

Way to go TJ! I read abt this on TJ's blog! That is so fun. Matt and I are so proud of our cool nephews. And thanks for sharing Thomas S. Monson's quote, I feel like that a lot lately (and my life isn't even that busy!) I'm sorry I've been out of the loop lately, thanks for all the love and phone calls and tell Coleman I'm getting ready to send him a bunch of pictures of Logan! I got his adorable message the other day and it made me miss you guys so much!

kaleyq said...

Wow, TJ! That's awesome! I really enjoyed that talk, too, Melanie. Thank you for the reminder to slow down and focus on really what matters most.

Brittany said...

Yay for TJ! Now you have 2 racers in the family! I loved reading about this on his blog too. That quote was great, Mel. I'm going to go change a stinky diaper than read the whole talk! :)

stephanie said...

Awesome TJ! Isn't it fun seeing children try new things, things we never saw in the radar---and especially when they excel in some of those things? Great job. I have been run, run, running like crazy too. I appreciate your reminder.

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs