Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy happy New Year!

We had a big family New Years Eve party with lots of appetizers and treats, followed by a Sparkling grape juice toast at midnight!
We played games: Candyland with the younger crowd who went to bed at 9pm and Settlers with the older boys. And we watched LOTS of football!
I think the boys are trying to watch every single bowl game they can this weekend!


We all slept in (some later than others).
My little boys helped me make a yummy brunch for the family to kick off 2011.


Most exciting part of the morning... a family {blind} taste test between these two:
Results: The unanimous winner: Simply Orange. Mmmmm delish!



After brunch we played some basketball at the church gym. I loved it, even though I was a serious handicap for whoever got me on their team.
We are now watching more football Bowl games(of course)!



I am REALLY looking forward to writing my
New Years Resolutions tomorrow.

I have been reading this and this as I prepare. Such beautiful and inspiring thoughts.

Favorite Quote from the first article by Joseph B. Wirthlin:

"I urge you to examine your life. Determine where you are and what you need to do to be the kind of person you want to be. Create inspiring, noble, and righteous goals that fire your imagination and create excitement in your heart. And then keep your eye on them. Work consistently towards achieving them.

“If one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams,” wrote Henry David Thoreau, “and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours.”



Here is to a Happy and Successful 2011!

6 comments:

Kari said...

Happy New Year to you and your family, Melanie!! It's Kari ... Steve Holt's wife ;) I actually stumbled on your Sister's Cafe blog from another recipe blog and thought "I know that family!" and then followed along to here - it's been such a treat to see the fun life that you lead with your boys {and new little lady *wink*}!! You are quite the inspiration! One thing I'm hoping to do better this year is to show more appreciation. I receive so much inspiration from many blogs but rarely comment. Just wanted you to know that I am grateful for the things you share and the example you are to your family and others!! Wishing you and your family all the best in 2011 ... I look forward to hearing about your many adventures!!

P.S. Love that you sent pics of the missionaries home to their families during the holidays ... having been a missionary myself I know how much that would have meant to my mom and will look for opportunities to do the same this year!

P.S.S. What are the odds that you would land in TN? We were there for 4 years {although we were in Memphis}!!

M and N Tenny said...

Glad you had such a wonderful holiday season together! I love reading your blog. The new puppy is DARLING...I want one :)

Broken Reality said...

Thank you for the link to President Monson's talk. That was EXACTLY what I needed to read today! Love, love your blog. It continues to be a highlight of my day.

Rachel Holloway said...

Oh how I love those thoughts you shared! THANK YOU....
What a great new year's eve!!! All that food looks DELICIOUS!

Brittany said...

I found your blog through Sister's Cafe and just have to tell you thank you. Often on those hard-to-be-a-mom days I look at your blog for ideas, for stories/quotes,and I always come away uplifted, inspired, and excited (once again) to be a mom! Thank you!

Erin said...

I just love love love looking at your blog, Melanie. I smiled that you guys had a blind taste test on the orange juice. You are so spontaneous and fun! I love that about you!

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs