Monday, July 11, 2011

Words to live by...

Are you finding your summer to be as busy and crazy as mine?
It has been hard for me to get eveything done that my heart desires:)
I am trying to work on prioritizing better...with these wise words running in through my mind...

And this quote is my saving grace:) Makes me feel better about my not-as-clean-as-I-would-like house at times!  A clean home is very important to me, but not at the expense of happiness, you know?  This is hard to remember sometimes with 5 messy little boys running around my home!   
So, how is your summer going?  How do you get anything done with everyone home?

5 comments:

Brittany said...

what a cute post! I'm not to the stage yet that summer is any different from the winter so I have no wise answer for that last question! :) I bet you guys are having a wonderful summer. You always seem to balance everything very well to me. Your home has always been inviting and warm - one of my favorite places to be. Sure miss having you guys just down the street!!

PixieGirl said...

Funny because I was just remembering summer being more relaxing...gone are the slow days at the park and here are the days of golf camp and e.f.y. and youth conference and scout camp...all fun, just a little faster paced:)

Zobell Fam said...

This summer has been WAY busy. Camps, swim lessons, RAIN, and restless kiddos. Thanks for this quote they are definitely words to live by!!

Mindy said...

I love that first quote. So true! I had an AP English teacher who would always tell that there was nothing honorable about spreading yourself too thin. I thought that was true. Because when you know you are capable of anything, sometimes it is hard not to try to do everything.

Jan S said...

Good post and great quote advice! You are in the busiest time of your life, honey, and there is no way to fix that busyness - you have just to gut it out and try not to let the sticky floors get you down. The kids won't remember them (and neither will you!). This is also the best time of life with so much fun AND ACTION :) everyday. You are a FABULOUS mom and I just love and admire you! I wish I was half as good a mom as you are. XOXOX

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs