Saturday, December 10, 2011

Good Old Fashioned Games

A couple of nights ago, this was my very enjoyable view while making dinner...
My litle boys have just discovered UNO and they can't get enough! 
They walk around the house clutcing the deck of cards, recruiting people to play  a game with them.  We have all never played UNO so much in our lives:)  And when no one is available for a round, they play by themselves.  It is pretty SWEET--and hilarious to listen in on!
Jenga or "Jingo" as Cannon calls it comes in a close second around here.
I LOVE to see my boys enjoying a good old non electronic game together!

Which brings me to a question--
What games are favorites at your house?

The boys have asked Santa for electronics this year.  And they have been good little boys, so I am guessing that he just may grant their wishes:) BUT this Momma will be limiting the daily time spent on these items, if you know what I mean!
I want to have a couple new card or board games to play together, you know?!
What would you suggest? 

8 comments:

Rebecca said...

Ruckus is a fun card game for all ages!

Michelle C. said...

Blink is a good card game for the little boys. Skip Bo, Phase 10, Colby loves Battleship. P.S. Merry Christmas!

Heidi said...

For the littles: Tastes Like Chicken. Apples to Apples is a fun one! We love good old fashioned Sorry.

Lisa said...

Melanie, my kids love the new game "spot it". My little ones can play it, my teenagers love it, even our Japanese exchange student could play it. Great for all ages and really fun.

Leiah said...

my kids love dominos...mexican train style!

Brittany said...

that was so fun to read! I love good old fashioned games too. Gabe is starting to get into games and loves to play - I should play more often with him! Too bad he doesn't have big brothers to play with!

Webster's said...

Five Crowns (Card game) is tons of fun for the older boys and you and the hubby. My husband and I play it several times a week while watching the late news!

Annie Nielson said...

Try Blokus. It's a fun game :)

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs