Thursday, March 19, 2015

St Patricks Day Celebrations

As always we thoroughly enjoyed St Patricks Day at the Christensen Home. 
 
 We celebrate because it is a long standing family tradition, we have Irish Heritage and it is FUN! 
(Cannon and Bridger--who was sick with a bad head cold-poor guy!)
 
 I think we are confusing my little boys though.  They could not believe that they had to go to school on this 'big holiday".  So unfair in their cute little minds!  After they gathered the gold and rainbow candies scattered here and there from that funny Leprechan that likes our family:)  We enjoyed some lovely green pancakes and a VERY green smoothie (to offset the candy)!
 I have to admit that I LOVE celebrating holidays.  It makes me happy and it builds memories with my boys.  One of my favorite parts of any celebration is setting the table.  So fun! 


On the menu:
Irish Stew served over
Colcannon
Scones,
Green Apple slices,
Chocolate Mint Brownies



We spent some time after dinner learning all about one of our Irish Ancestors my Great Great Grandma
Mary Jane Parks McConnell.
She has a wonderful story of faith!  Her strong spirit, dedication to the Lord and living the gospel are so inspiring!  It was a great experience to gather my family around and introduce them to her.  We really felt her testimony and  love of God as we read about her life.
I am so thankful for her example and sacrifices!
 
It was a wonderful St Patrick's Day!
 

1 comment:

Jan S said...

I love how you celebrate holidays. What a fun Mom! Irish stew over colcannon sounds so yummy. Cute table, too!

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs