Monday, May 18, 2009

Good Morning Sunshine

Our home has a lot of big windows and I love all the light so much that I rarely shut our blinds. Every morning we are flooded with the bright morning sunshine. It really is a glorious way to wake up. Some mornings when I have a minute and all my little men are still sleeping, I like to think about this poem. It makes for a great day!

Look to this day!
For it is life, the very life of life.
In its brief course
Lie all the verities and realities of your existence:


The bliss of growth,
The glory of action,
The splendor of achievement,

For yesterday is but a dream
And tomorrow is just a vision,
And today well lived makes every yesterday a dream of happiness
And every tomorrow a vision of hope.
Look well, therefore to this day!
Such is the salutation to the dawn.
-Kalidasa
(Thanks to my little sister Mindy for introducing me to this poem! I love it!)

Happy Monday!!

6 comments:

stephanie said...

Thanks for sharing this lovely poem. I enjoy our morning sunshine into the kitchen too! (Wish I had more sunlight in there during the early evening also, but then that might just be too perfect.)

annie and jared said...

how pretty, i love big windows and a lot of light.. i need to see your house sometime!

Mindy said...

I LOVE that poem, too. I was repeating it to Jack while I changed his diaper just a couple of days ago. It is so inspiring to me, too. And I love the sunshine, too. Unfortunately, it is too bright for Griff's eyes, so he is constantly closing the windows I open. Maybe I should convince him to wear his sunglasses in the house. :)

Amy said...

I hate having the blinds closed... I feel trapped! I love to see outside with the morning sun shining in! Thanks for the poem, I love it!

Erin said...

oooh, i love the poem. your home is beautiful - i love all the light!

Brittany said...

what a beautiful poem! I don't think I've ever read it before! What an inspiring post...

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs