Saturday, February 20, 2010

Quiet Time

One of my favorite places..the sunroom:)



The house is unusually quiet this morning. Connor is off on a Scout campout and Brad has taken the rest of our little crew out to breakfast and to the Aquarium this morning, "to give me a little break". I am so grateful for my sweet and thoughtful husband. He has been gone a lot lately, and I have been feeling worn thin, so this quet time is a blessing!

I have enjoyed reading and writing in my sunroom this morning. Now I am getting ready to go for a jog with just my IPOD (no heavy double stroller laden with hefty toddlers to push this time) in the beautiful sunshine. Ahhh...what a treat!

I have loved this quiet time alone...but will be ready this afternoon for all the noises of a home bursting with boys! I am so thankful for this life with all my rowdy, exhausting, goofy, darling, boys! And I am so thankful for the scriptures and prayer that lights my way and strengthens me each day. I notice when I am feeling frazzled, the more I depend on those sacred words and heartfelt time on my knees-- what a difference it makes!

I hope your weekend is happy!

Spritual enlightment that I have enjoyed lately found here.

10 comments:

Laura Ayers said...

What a treat! Hope you enjoyed your quiet time. I want to live at your house- how beautiful!!! :)

Mindy said...

Oh, I am glad you got some quiet time, sis. Your sun room looks so pretty. You sounded a little irish "me IPOD" Just in time for St Paddy's day. :)

Melanie Anne said...

ha ha! Even though I do have some irish in me, I just fixed that little typo!

krista said...

this is really random. i clicked over from your recipe blog and realized i have met you before. my husband (jake) works for shaw too. and i met you on a cruise.....a few years ago. i can't believe you guys moved to TN....hopefully you like it. it's a TON better than dalton i'm sure!

ps i can't believe you have 5 boys! i guess we're following in your footsteps with 3.

Melanie Anne said...

Hi Krista!
It is so good to hear from you! That cruise was so fun! I can't believe you have 3 little boys now! How fun! And your hubby is still with Shaw? Take care!
Melanie

Brittany said...

The sunroom is beautiful! and looks very peaceful too. I'm so glad you got that time to recharge and relax...you really deserve it!! Your message was inspiring too at the end - you're totally right. Love you!

stephanie said...

Thanks for the pic of your sunroom. It looks like the perfect place for a quiet retreat. I read a conference address today and recommitted myself to reading them more often. It helps so much. Miss you, yet I'm so thankful for your continued influence in my life.

Amy said...

Ahh I could use a room like that these days...with a big sign on the door that said "NO BOYS ALLOWED". Haha, just kidding, well maybe NO KIDS ALLOWED. Too bad my kids can't read yet. Love you!

Jill said...

Okay - maybe this is random, but I love the paint colors on your walls. I'm wanting to paint several rooms in our place - needing a change with Spring coming, I guess. How do you decide? I hate having to paint twice because I chose a nasty shade. And it's happened to me lots.

Erin said...

I love your sunroom. It looks very tranquil and beautiful. You are an inspiration when it comes to spirituality and being a wonderful fun mother.

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs