Monday, April 26, 2010

Right Now...



I am forgoing Menu Monday ...
because this Mama is going out of town this week and we all know that the Daddy does not cook in no uncertain terms. Lets just say that our pantry is well stocked with cereal and snacks, the fridge is full of easy to grab fruit, and the freezer is stuffed with frozen pizza and taquitos. I will be missed (hopefully) but my boys won't be hungry:)

I am getting ready to go to Utah for BYU Women's Conference

and to spend time with my sweet family and some dear friends.
I CAN NOT WAIT!

In preparation I got out my rarely used sewing machine and made some cute notebook covers. I had seen these on a certain online shop and could never order them before they would sell out. Then the price was raised to $30 with shipping. At that point, I started thinking I could make one myself and went to the local fabric store. After weeks of putting it off, one day I finally studied the picture and thru much trial and error figured out how to do it. Don't look close, the seams are not perfect, but I had so much fun creating something from scratch! It was very exciting for me to actually use my sewing machine too!



Aren't they fun?
I am looking forward to lots of note taking in one of these!

I don't have a pattern, but if anyone wants the measurements, email me at
melandboys@gmail.com


I have got to go pack! yipee!

7 comments:

kaleyq said...

Yipee! So can't wait to see you! :)

Brittany said...

the are so cute - I LOVE them!! They will get lots of good use at the conference too... it will make it extra fun to take notes! :) Have fun!!

Mindy said...

I am so excited for you to come! Erin made me one of those notebook covers when I visited, and I LOVE it. It makes me excited to take notes. :) I love you, sis.

Laura Ayers said...

It was sooooooooooooooo great to see you!!! :) Yeah! It was one of the highlights of conference! Your notebooks are totally adorable, btw. I wish I could sew!

Melbell said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Erin said...

The covers are adorable! Way to go! I love the picture of you and Bridger. What a darling. I can't wait to hear about how Womens Conference went. I was thinking about you all weekend!! (seriously!)

Anonymous said...

Bridger's eyes are just like yours, Melanie! No wonder he is so good looking!!!! Dad

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs