Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Daddy Day Fun

The boys were very excited for Fathers Day, because they have a fantastic Daddy and they LOVE him like crazy!!! They planned out the breakfast menu and put together a candybar poster (uh yeah that old picture I posted reminded me--so we picked up some candy) on Saturday night while Brad and I were on our weekly date.


They were could not wait to present their creative and yummy creation. I think they did a great job--and Brad LOVED it! They had to get up early before Brad left for ward leadership meetings at our church since he is currently serving as the Young Mens president.

I wanted to get more pictures of Brad with the boys, but it didn't happen. No one was supportive of my picture taking--so part of my giftswas not forcing him and his boys to pose for shots (I have learned boys don't like that--dang it!) After church they were all " busy" watching the US Open together while I made Brad's favorite cake-White Cake with Chocolate Frosting. I took a picture of it with my phone and sent it in a text to all my siblings inviting them over for dessert. It didn't work, no one came--I guess Tennessee is just too far away. Boo hoo!

Brad even said it felt so weird to not be with everybody today. This is our first year away from family. We miss you all!


Happy Fathers Day Bradley!

You are an AMAZING Daddy and we all love you soooooo much!

XOXOXO

4 comments:

Melissa said...

What a fun daddy day! That cake looks A.M.A.Z.I.N.G!! Good thing I didn't get invited over or I would've not only come, but probably eaten the whole cake! :) When do you want to do the sewing soret (sp??)?

Mindy said...

Happy Father's Day, Bradley! You r cake looks fabulous, Melanie! And the candy bar poster was so cute! It made me repent a little of hating how busy Father's Day is with driving allt he way to Tooele, visiting grandpas, then back to Highland to visit Dad. Poor Griff didn't get much of anything special on his father's day. I have been thinking, I need to change his Father's Day to another day. But I should just be grateful we have so many wonderful Father's so close to visit. And I am!

M and N Tenny said...

That chocolate cake looks marvelous! What a cute family!

Brittany said...

What a great fathers day! very fitting for such a great dad! :) i LOVED seeing what the boys and you did for Brad - how thoughtful and fun!! You guys are such a sweet family - so supportive, appreciative and loving of one another. I hope and pray my family will be the same as our kids grow older! Boy do we miss you guys too. whenever Eric and i look at your blog together he again tries to talk me into moving to the south! Who knows, we may be joining you out there someday! :) Love you all!

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs