Monday, May 16, 2011

Walkie Talkies, a Shiner & some Inspiration

Coleman and his best bud Kollin have been introduced to the world of 'walkie talkies' with" over and outs" and "roger that" This is exciting stuff to an 8 year old! They talk right before bed and plan their walk to school over breakfast. So cute!
Also Cannon recieved his first true blue shiner. It looked way worse than this the next day. I was embarrassed to be seen in public with him--lets just say he got A LOT of attention! He ran into Bridger's head while they were trying to gang up on TJ "WWW smack down style". This all happened when they were suppossed to be getting a story for a nice and calm bed time routine. I try, that is all I can say:)

I was a part of a birthday party for the Relief Society (Women's organization) I am a part of. The Relief Society strengthens women and families and I LOVE being a part of it. I taught my family dinner class that night and handed out a new menu planner (found here).

I LOVED this video shown that night---WE CAN DO EXTRAORDINARY things:)


6 comments:

Sheila said...

When my baby who turned 31 yesterday was about 4 yrs old, she was standing in the porch swing, fell and hit the bone above her eye. Not only was her eye black and blue but part of her cheek. You should have seen the looks we got when we had to go anywhere for 2 weeks. In your case never forget the sayins "boys will be boys".

Melissa said...

Katelund had a black eye when she was about three from running into the corner of the wall (she would RUN at full speed everywhere she went). I'm pretty sure I stayed home for a week.

I love the whole walkie talkie idea. That is so cute!

You did SUCH an AMAZING job at the RS meeting. Not only do you have great information, ideas, and quotes, but you also have a lot of passion and love when you speak, which makes it even better! I brought your books and gift to church on Sunday but I never saw you...of course. :) I just need to run it to your house this week and stop waiting till I run into you.

stephanie said...

My kids love our walkie talkies. (I loved them as a kid, too.) They are looking forward to using them up at the family cabin this summer. Sorry about the shiner. Bet you did a great job at the RS mtg.

Brittany said...

that was SO cute about Coleman - he is so funny!! He has the biggest personality! Love love love that picture of Cannon - oh my goodness, poor guy!! He looks pretty tough though! :) Your RS event sounded really neat. boy do I wish I could come to your classes!! I will have to watch that video later - I'm sure it is very inspirational. Julie Beck is great!

melanie said...

Melanie,
I absolutely LOVE your blog! It is so inspiring to me and makes me want to do better in every way! Thank you!

Anonymous said...

HEY TJ- I HOPE CONNOR LETS YOU USE HIS WEIGHT BENCH.... YOU NEED A LITTLE SIZE AND A LOT OF STRENGTH...MAYBE INSTEAD OF BEATING UP BRIDGER AND CANNON YOU CAN STEP UP A CLASS AND BATTLE COLEMAN... ALTHOUGH MY $ IS ON COLEMAN! (HE'S THE MASTER OF THE SOUTHERN TWSITER)

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs