Friday, August 31, 2012

Hip Hip Hooray!

Just wanted to share a few cheer worthy items with you today!

1. First of all:


Do you have big plans this weekend?
  I have a date with my man and some of our favorite friends tonight.  We are going to dinner and to see the movie 2016. Nothing like a night out to kick off the weekend:)



2.  Did you watch the Republican National Convention? 
Weren't the speeches great? I thought so.
One of my favorite parts was at the end when all of the Romney grandsons were going after the balloons!  That is EXACTLY what my boys would do!  So funny!  

 I loved this video  I was inspired and excited!  Go Mitt!




3.  BYU had a GREAT season opener last night and walloped Washington. To be honest I have not watched it yet...being a Cougar fan on the East Coast is a little rough.  Kick off was at 10:15 our time.  My boys are so excited to watch it after school, but I couldn't help but check the score this morning....30-6!!  Woo hoo!!!!


4.  I spent the morning making these seriously YUMMY  Snicker Doodle muffins for the Friday 'Happy Cart' at my boys elementary school.  The PTA provides a little cart to treat teachers to a drink and snack or their choice.  I think it is a great idea and help whenever I can.  My boys have been blessed with excellent teachers--I am so very thankful!


5. I got to have lunch with my two little boys in the school cafeteria today.  It was ADORABLE how happy they were to see me, and how all their classmates called me "Cannon's (or Bridger's) Mom" the whole time!  So cute!  I was thinking these are the only two of my 5 that still want their Mommy to come to school for lunch.  Thankfully my presence there is still super cool at their age:)  I decided I better go often before it is too late!

I hope you have a very HAPPY weekend!

3 comments:

The Dickinsons said...

Thanks for your super sweet comment. How fun to hear from you. =)

What a neat idea to make snacks and drinks for your kids' teachers. The treats you made look yummy! Fun you got to eat lunch with your two nice boys. =)

Have a wonderful weekend!
~Heather~

Brittany said...

what a cute post! The happy cart is such a cute idea - and I love that you had lunch with the little boys! Doesn't it feel good to be so important to our little kids?!

Brittany said...

and wow I really liked that video on Romney... I know no one is perfect but I SO hope that he is elected. We need someone with strong moral values in office so badly.

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs