Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Our Menu


With our recent Celiac diagnosis around here, I am trying some new gluten free meals out.  This new way of cooking for my family has turned my world upside down, but  I am slowly figuring it out--thanks in part to so many of your wonderful suggestions and help!!.  One thing, I am finding is that gluten free can be very expensive!  I thought that our whole family would eat that way, but honestly I feel like I can't afford it!  Lately, I have been mostly feeding my family food that is naturally gluten free, but at some of our meals I provide GF bread/treats etc for only my two Celiac boys.  They are fine with that, but sometimes my 5 year old cries that he wants their waffle/ cinnamon roll etc.  He doesn't think it is fair that they get to have special stuff!  I know  I tell him, life is just not fair, darn it! :)
Look for some new recipes on The Sisters cafe soon for some of the dishes listed!

Two Week Menu
Monday:  BBQ Chicken, green salad, rolls, oranges
Tuesday:  Honey Mustard Chicken, Rice Pilaf, Spring mix with blueberries, feta and almonds salad
Wednesday:  Marinara Sauce with spicy Italian Sausage over Quinoa Pasta, ceasar salad, grapes
Thursday:  Quinoa Stir Fry, orange slices, cucumber slices
Friday: Grilled Hamburgers, baked fries, fruit salad, 
Saturday:  Pizza night!  *I found frozen gF pizza wheels:)  Salad,  apple slices
Sunday:  Bean Tosatados, chips and salsa, grapes

Monday:  Beef Stroganoff, GF noodles, salad, steamed carrots
Tuesday:  Greek Quinoa with Avocado, watermelon slices
Wednesday:  Garlic Basil Chicken Drumsticks, roasted veggies, grapes, green salad
Thursday:  Southwest Wraps (I found GF tortillas), guacamole, fruit
Friday:  Leftovers/ going out
Saturday:  Paninis, salad, fruit
Sunday:  Perfect Pot Roast, mashed potatoes, green salad with buttermilk dressing, rolls

*Notes:  I like to add fresh veggies and fruit as sides for every meal,  I feel like then we need less of the main dish or meat...more healthy in my opinion that way.  I make those sides for the most part super easy ...as in sliced fresh fruit or vegetables that I have on hand.  Also I love salads and you will find so many wonderful ideas and recipes here.

3 comments:

Jenna said...

Everything looks yummy.

Heather said...

I love your menu ideas. THANK YOU!

Brittany said...

I think I have made that greek quinoa salad 4 times since it's ben posted already! Love it. I'm looking forward to trying more GF meals too...

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs