Thursday, April 24, 2014

Because of Him

Did you have a happy Easter weekend? 
  This is my futile attempt at a picture after church. All my boys had already changed out of their Sunday best, but I thought I could still get a shot with Brad. Then we were photo-bombed by this goof ball who had changed into some silly get up! BOYS!!
We have the tradition of the Easter Bunny coming on Friday night--so Saturday we find our baskets, search for eggs and eat ridiculous amounts of jelly beans and chocolate.
Then on Easter Sunday we focus on Jesus Christ and His  incredible, infinite gift to all mankind.

I love Jesus Christ with all my heart and I have dedicated my life to Him. I know that He lives and loves us more than we can comprehend.  I want my boys to know Him and have a testimony of Him too.  We spent some time watching this powerful video and discussing the Savior and what Easter is all about.  I gave each of my sons a story, scripture, or poem to share with the family and an opportunity to share their feelings about Jesus Christ.  It was such a sweet experience!

I am so thankful that
BECAUSE OF HIM...
I can be forgiven of all my many mistakes
my weakness can be made into strengths
I can have peace and even joy thru the trials of life
 I can raise my boys to be valiant and true
my family is forever, death can not separate us.

This is an awesome video--click the full screen button in the bottom right of the video, and turn your speakers up!! It will give goosebumps:)



5 comments:

Heather @ The Unsophisticated Kitchen said...

I love the idea of doing the Easter bunny on Friday night. I think that will be our new tradition!

Shanna said...

Thank you for being willing to share your testimony in your blogs! In all of the many blogs or sites by LDS women, I am always disappointed by avoiding the fact that they are a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I am grateful for your example of being willing to share your faith!

Brittany said...

I LOVE that video too sis. I shared it with my Sunday school class on easter sunday - isn't it powerful?! Thanks for sharing it with everyone else! I loved that pic of TJ the photo bomber. ;) Your boys are so fun. love you guys

Brittany said...

Sounds like you had a great Easter. I love doing the Easter Bunny stuff on Saturday - lots of fun - but it can detract from the real message of Easter if celebrated on Sunday. Miss you!

Jan S said...

Hey - that last comment was from me. Britt was using my computer yesterday!

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs