Thursday, July 17, 2014

Chattanooga Fun


I had a request for a post about fun things to do and see in Chattanooga--So I thought was the perfect time to do so as I record our "sister trip"
First of all downtown Chattanooga is really cool.  The first night we were at Taco Mamacitas on the North shore of the incredible Tennessee River
 
 
.  There is walking bridge which everyone liked but baby Ririe who was tired :)

 
and Coolidge park (with a very cool splash pad and caraousel)
There is also the world famous Tennessee Aquarium that really is INCREDIBLE!
 
We spent another day downtown in the "Art District"
We went to a super cute café called' Rembrants' for a little snack

 Then we were off to the Hunter Museum of American Art


 
After we went out for some fabulous southern food at Tupelo Honey Café
on Wharehouse Row (which also has some fun shops to walk thru)
If you go here to eat--I would highly recommend the
*Sweet Potato Pancake served with Peach butter and toasted pecans
*Fried Green Tomatoes
*Shrimp and Grits
*Salad with Goat Cheese, Beets and pecans
And their freshly made Biscuits and fresh blueberry preserves are out of this world!
 
 


Another day we spent a couple of hours at Red Clay State Park out in the country from my house.  It is the last gathering place of the Cherokee Nation and where the Trail of Tears began.  It is a mesmerizingly beautiful park and I swear you can still feel the sadness there.

 
 
Another day Connor took Mindy and Amy and his little brothers to the Blue Hole where they hiked to a beautiful lake


 
with an awesome rope swing!
I think Mindy and Amy said it was possibly their favorite outing of the trip--
 
This is one of my teenagers favorite spots in Chattanooga:)
 
We also spent a lot of time enjoying the pool--everyone even Grandma loved the diving board games! 
 
The best part of the weekend for me was all the talking we did!
Man I miss these ladies so much!!
Oh and what a treat to have this sweetheart around--my boys were smitten!
 
 
 Although I didn't take a picture a trip to Chattanooga would not be complete without some Brusters  Real Ice Cream--YUM!
 
 
More fun in Chattanooga that I have posted about in the past is
*Lookout Mountain: including
-- the steepest passenger railroad in the world. 
--Incredible views of I think 7 States
--Ruby Falls
--Rock City
--Civil War museum and park
 
 and there is the famous which I have never been to--(I know,  I need to)
*Chattanooga Choo Choo Historic Hotel and Musuem
 
And for some more civil war sites you can visit the beautiful Chickamauga Battlefield Park


Now that you can plainly see--Chattanooga is great place to visit--you are all invited!
We would love to treat you to some fun here in our beautiful Southern Chat town!


1 comment:

M+J said...

Melanie, I'm the one who contacted you via email about what to do in Chattanooga. For some reason, your response went to my junk mail box where I didn't find it till our itinerary was already set. So, I decided not to bother you. We ended up not having much time, but we did go to the incredible Tennessee Aquarium. Wow! It didn't disappoint. But honestly, after seeing your post with all of the fun activities (including the hike and rope swing) and all of the yummy places to eat, I would love to come back to Chattanooga. It is beautiful there! My boys couldn't get over all of the trees (we live in AZ).
Lastly, I just wanted to thank you for your sweet email and willingness to talk with me about our trip. I just love your blog!
Sincerely, Julie

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs