Friday, March 5, 2010

Creative Fishermen

On a chilly, dreary day in February the boys took a walk to our neighborhood pond. TJ came back to the house for some supplies and asked if they could bring my little camera with them.


They knew there were fish in this pond, but with no fishing pole they had no way of catching them..or did they??
Connor and TJ being the resourceful guys that they are, have come up with a way to fish without a pole. Connor was not there that day( he was at Wrestling practise), but TJ was a sweet big brother and helped the younger boys himself.
These fish were caught with a hook tied onto a piece of fishing line. They used bright little salmon eggs for bait. They are getting pretty darn good at this creative fishing technique.
TJ's catch--

Coleman's fish--look at that face--he is loving this:)

Even little Bridger was successful!


What smart and determined little guys I have!
But I think it is time that we invested in some fishing poles, don't ya think?!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ha ha. . . . yes, get them some poles!!! Tell them this summer we'll catch some "real" fish!!!
Grandpa

Erin said...

That is so cute! They are all so handsome, Melanie. Seriously! I just love how resourceful they are! How exciting to catch fish in your neighborhood pond. :)

Jan S said...

I loved those pictures! Where there is a will, there is a way, but yes, you definitely need some real poles. Maybe for birthdays this year? Give those boys hugs and kisses for me - I miss them so much. XOXOXOXOX Grandma S.

Brittany said...

That is so cute! I remember "fishing" like that once at Lake Powell I think with pieces of corn on a hook! What fun! Those cute boys definitely need fishing poles! :)

Mindy said...

Too fun! I love doing that at the Lake with corn. I miss your boys. Wish I was with them.

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs