Wednesday, April 14, 2010

11 years ago today...

Tanner Johnn was born.
My heart filled with love & happiness the moment I held this sweet little bundle in my arms.
I remember I also felt the great strength of his spirit.
I will never forget that.



I have come to realize that it was a blessing to have a little "heads up" about his personality. From the start it has been evident that he is passionate, strong and energetic. It has not always been easy ... he was my most challenging baby and toddler. Oh boy do I ever have some stories!
I now can cleary see that he is a natural leader, and has a good and kind heart that always shines through.
What a blessing he is in our family.


We started the celebrations on Monday night with a family party, since Brad is out of town for the rest of the week. Some of his gifts this year included:

*The Diary of a Wimpy Kid book

*a Fishing Pole with all the bells and whistles

*The Princess Bride movie

*ASU Football Tshirt (Brad's alumni)

*Axe bodaywash, a twix and a pack of gum

Today I got up early to make roll up pancakes, his favorite breakfast--yum.

I brought the requested Little Debbie Oatmeal Pies and bags of Skittles (aka serious JUNK) to hand out to his class for his birthday.
Then I checked him out for a little lunch date with me.

He chose Subway (shockingly healthy after his treat choice:) It was so fun to spend a little time with my birthday boy. He really is growing up to be a fun and interesting person to hang out with. It was a treat to be there with him!

The party continues this weekend with a friends party on Friday night and a special dinner date with just Mom & Dad on Saturday night. He has already requested Applebees. We just like to drag out this celebrating stuff as long as possible!!

Happy Birthday my darling son. I love you TJ!

My new Birthday banner debuted this morning. I had fun putting it together while watching American Idol last night! I love that show!

6 comments:

Brittany said...

HAPPY BDAY TJ!!!! I remember when he was born - what a special day. I have so many great pictures too! What a darling little guy he was right from the beginning. TJ will always have a special place in my heart - I love him so much! It was so fun to talk to him today - we don't talk enough I realized! He is growing up so fast. Boy do I miss you guys!

I LOVE the birthday sign - it is SO cute!! (and so is the arrangement on the shelf...you are such a talented decorator) Where on earth do you get the ideas for all this creative stuff you do??!! What is cool is that you see something and then you actually go out and buy the stuff and do it!! I see a lot of cute things but I rarely do anything about it! :) You are inspiring, sis!

Melissa said...

I LOVE your birthday banner!!! Do you have a cricut or are those letters chipboard stickers?

kaleyq said...

Hope you had an awesome birthday, TJ! We sure enjoyed spending some time with you during your boys trip!

Mindy said...

Cute, cute birthday sign! I am so impressed with all the cute things you make. And TJ... I just LOVE that boy. He was such a joy to have around while he was here. He is SO fun to be with. He has grown up so fast. I know I say it all the time, but I can't wait for you all to come this summer!

Jan S said...

I remember what a cute little baby T was (and also what a feisty little toddler he was too!). He is growing into such a talented and fun young man. It sounds like he had a pretty fun birthday with lots of love! Happy B-day TJ.
XOXOXOX Grandma S.

Erin said...

It looks like TJ had a great birthday! He is such a sweet soft-hearted and lovable guy! And fun and full of energy too! His baby picture is the spitting image of Sam. Seriously, it could be Sam. That is pretty neat! :)
PS I love the birthday banner you made.

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs