Monday, April 19, 2010

Menu Monday


So last week was a bit crazy--and I did not get to several of my planned meals--therefore you will notice that there are some repeats listed this week. Today I got a new double waffle iron in the mail. We are having waffles tonight for dinner just because I am soo excited to try it out! I am trying a fancy recipe from my King Arthur Flour Wholegrain Cookbook. I love this book and highly recommend it if you are interested in baking with more whole grains. It is full of great recipes! Also I have had several emails requesting me to post more vegetarian recipes on Sisterscafe. I promise to post any that turn out REALLY good. I only post the best recipes. I am trying to put together a binder of my favorite whole foods, vegetarian dishes. Please feel free to email me at melandboys@gmail.com with your favorites! It is hard to find those tried and true healthy recipes. Thanks so much!!

Monday--Peanut Butter-Chocolate Chip Waffles (wholegrain:) with Banana Cream, green smoothies and over easy eggs.

Tuesday--Black Bean Burgers on whole grain buns, applesauce with cinnamon, Frog Eye salad (mostly just because I think my boys will love it for the name)

Wednesday--Chicken Casesar Wraps, fresh pineapple, sunchips


Thursday--Easy Crusty Cod, Asian Sesame Noodles, Sliced apples

Friday--Homemade Pizza and carrots sticks

Saturday--Leftovers or PB&Js for boys--date night for Brad and I

Sunday--Our dinner guests from last week had to reschedule--7up Grilled Chicken, Honey Whole Wheat rolls, Zuchini Yellow squash with Pinenuts Saute, Spinach salad with apples and feta. Country Cake with lemon cream and fresh berries

2 comments:

Mindy said...

Yummy! I am excited to see your double waffle iron. You should post that! :)

Katrina said...

I "need" to know what Banana Cream is for your waffles. We love bananas! (And waffles. I have a really nice commercial iron and we have breakfast for dinner at least once a week.)

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs