Sunday, July 4, 2010

Coleman's Baptism Day

My Eight year old boy--the day before his baptism.


Coleman was baptised on July 2nd by his Dad.
It was avery special occasion for him and he was beaming from ear to ear all day!

I was reminded that this precious little soul that I have been entrusted with is really just on "loan" from our Heavenly Father who loves and cherishes him perfectly.
It was fun to be in Utah surrounded with lots of our dear family and friends all their to support our little man.
Grandma and Great Grandma
(Lots of Uncles and Aunts and cousins that I did not get pictures of , darn it!)

I did get one of his Uncle Matt and his crutches:)

After the baptism we went back to Grandma's for dessert,
two kinds of trifles: Mixed Berry & Peanut Butter Chocolate
Served on my great Grandma's china plates.





Big brother Connor

Great Uncle Darwin & Aunt Judy and Great Grandma

We were so happy that Coleman's Great Great Aunt Clea was able to come.
Grandma requested that Grandpa and Coleman get those ties back on for one more picture...
Thank you for hosting our gathering in your beautiful home, Mom and Dad!
It has been a sweet experience to help Coleman prepare for baptism.
He is like a little sponge when it comes to the gospel of Jesus Christ.
I think his spirit recognizes the truths as he is taught.
He now has his own leather bound Bible and Book of Mormon and I always find him reading them. He told me that he made a promise to Heavenly Father to read them everyday his whole life. I am trying to follow his example:)
Coleman Keith you are a special soul and I know you will always be a valiant son of God and true follower of Jesus Christ.


4 comments:

Laura Ayers said...

How sweet! Great pics too- love the one of him & your Dad tying their ties!!! I'll have to show this post to Noah.
Any chance of breakfast, lunch or dinner...maybe a late movie, while you're here?!

Marnie said...

Congratulations to Coleman! He looks so handsome and I am glad that you were able to go to Utah to share the experience with your family. We will be having a baptism of our own in a few months. Two questions, where did you find your fabulous purse, and where is the best place to buy boy's suits? Anything online? I'm pretty limited over here. Love you!

Erin said...

What a sweet post. He looks so sharp! I am so glad that he was able to be baptized. It sounds like it was a lovely day. I think it's so sweet that he made a promise to God to read his scriptures every day.

Mindy said...

I love that picture of Coleman in front of the temple. I just love Coleman and his spunky personality. He took about a million videos on my phone during your visit and I can't bring myself to erase them. I just chuckle each time Jack and I watch them. I was so proud of hiim when he got baptized, and it was SO FUN to get to be a part of it!

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs