Friday, October 1, 2010

So Excited...

*everything in orange is a link just for you:)*

I am So Excited...
...that it is October 1st today! (We lu-lu LOVE Halloween around here!)
...that tonight is our 2nd annual "kick off October" family party (I am picking up fresh pumpkin spice donuts--yum!!)
...that it is General Conference this weekend (we have our packets, bingo, treats, and notepads ready!)
I am so looking forward to this weekend of snuggling my boys while listening to the uplifting messages from the Prophet, Apostles and other church leaders. Conference weekend is always so inspiring! This year, I have little baskets ready for my visiting teaching sisters to enjoy with their families. I have included the conference packets & BINGO cards(links given above) for little ones, snacks, IBC old fashioned root beer and yellow notepads for note taking(did you know that yellow is Pres Monson's favorite color?) My boys are excited to help me deliver them this afternoon. I think this will be a new tradition.
What are your October or Conference traditions?

How I love these two little skeletons:) They were so excitd when i broght the PJs home from Old Navy yesterday that they wanted to get ready for bed at 4pm! Aren't holidays so fun with kids?

5 comments:

Jill said...

I love taking Conference kits to the sisters I visit. Each conference I change it up. It is definitely one of my favorite traditions! We also bought all the pictures of the apostles and have them lined up in front of our TV. We ask the kids to find the speakers picture when they step to the podium. Have fun!

Mindy said...

Too cute, sis! I love those two little "Mr Bones." I got some bones PJs for Jack at TJ Maxx, and he loves them, too. I love how the Old Navy ones have pumpkins for hearts, though. :) I am so excited it is October, too. LOVE HALLOWEEN!!! and LOVE FALL!!! And I get to GO to conference tomorrow with Mom and Dad and Aunt Cindy and Uncle Jim. I am so so excited. Love your idea for treats for the women you VT. I had thought of doing that, but now that I have this cold and their is company in town... we'll see. :) Wish you were here to have our traditional big Sunday brunch while watching conference!

Erin said...

I can't wait to look at all your links. You are so inspiring. I did not prepare well for this weekend of General Conference. Maybe I can make up for it tonight....love you sis!

M and N Tenny said...

Such cute little skeletons you have there! Happy October!

Brittany said...

absolutely! I love the holidays! The boys are so cute in their pjs. If I don't hurry up and get Gabe some, it will be too late! Nyah has been wearing hers a ton though - the cute ones you gave her and some orange ones mom got. She looks so festive! Conference sounded really fun with you guys! We had a great weekend too. I just loved the talks - like usual. I sure love you guys...and all your traditions as a family are so fun to read about!

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs