Friday, November 12, 2010

November Plans

My mind has been spinning today with plans. I have so much to do! I love this time of year for so many reasons.
First, I love a season dedicated to gratitude. I have so much to be thankful for and I never want to forget that. Second, I can't help but love this time of year for the anticipation of what is around the corner...Christmas!
My heart is overflowing with gratitude for Jesus Christ and I can not wait to celebrate His birth.
With that in mind, here is what is on my To Do list for November:

1. Figure out a fun way to make GRATITUDE real this month for my family. {done! see it here}
2. Invite friends over for Thankgiving, since sadly we won't be with family this year (yes I am feeling a little homesick with the holidays coming).
3. Plan our Thanksgiving menu. Find a southern cornbread stuffing recipe--do you know of a good one?
4. Polish the silver, iron the table linens.
5. Pick up Bath and Bodyworks 'Leaves' wallflower for an autumn scent for my home and the 'Balsam Fur' for next month. Then my house will smell like it is graced with a real tree instead of my not-so-real one! {done! and it smells wonderful--have you tried these scents? you should}
6. Plant the box of tulip bulbs that have been sitting in my garage for a month!
7. Get a family pciture taken and order Christmas cards.
8. Go over my Christmas planner and get organized.
9. Pick up wrapping paper and supplies to get my wrapping station well stocked and ready to work!
10. Order George C. Scott version of a ' Christmas Carol',and 'Its a Wonderful Life' in color both in DVD to replace the VHS cassettes that we have watched for years. Last year I decided it was time to upgrade. {done! Amazon makes it so easy!}
11. Plan our Christmas Tree decorating party for the day after Thanksgiving. Yes, we don't waste any time around here to deck the halls!
OK Enough--it is turning into a Christmas list:)
I am seriously having a hard time not putting my christmas playlist on the IPOD. Soon...David Archuletta's angelic 'First Noel' will be filling our home. I LOVE that version!! Can't wait!
What are your plans for November?

5 comments:

Brittany said...

what a fun list! I have a similiar long list running through my head every day... I have my dinner group I'm hosting in December, in charge of RS xmas dinner, have to get 30hrs of continuing ed done for my RN liscence, and get ready to host Thanksgiving too! Whew. It's a busy time of year but I love it!! Wish we could be "alone" together this Thanksgiving... oh well!

Mindy said...

Your list makes me excited!!! I love this time of year, too. Wish we were getting to spend it with you, but I hope you have an amazing Christmas in Tennessee Mels!

Laura Ayers said...

Hmmm...other than SHOPPING, SHOPPING, & more SHOPPING?!
I love excuses to shop & have already checked alot off my Christmas list :) We are heading to Idaho for Thanksgiving, but I really wanted to stay here this year & run the local 5k. I can't imagine Thanksgiving without going to Idaho though, so I am planning on making exercising more of a priority & upping the intensity. I will have my own 5k! I went to Bath & Body works today & got my seasonal wallflowers & have my Thanksgiving decorations up :) We are talking alot about having an "attitude of gratitude" in our house. I love this time of year too!
Wish you were here, but hope it's a fun southern Thanksgiving this year at the Christensen home :)

Erin said...

That's a great list! I love the thankful tree idea. I want to do that. I love you!

kera said...

We start our Thanksgiving morning with the Grateful Gobbler walk, we've been doing this for about the past 4 or 5 years! Proceeds go to feed the homeless! It's a great way to start the day and remind ourselves just how lucky we are to have full bellies and a warm house to that yummy food in!

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs