Monday, January 31, 2011

Menu Monday

(We have been LOVING this buttermilk dressing lately--yum!)


My husband has been out of town most of this month--and let me tell you being a single Momma of 5 boys is exhausting! I have to admit that I have not been the best at sticking to my weekly menus lately. I am so happy that it is almost February and we will have a Daddy home again! Yipee! Anyway, I am in survival mode and this weeks menu is simple and quick! I am up to my eyeballs in organization projects, namely a re-vamp of my Family Command Center and job chart. My boys have been so busy with basketball and wrestling since the New Year that we have let things slide. I am ready to get back on track and have more help with keeping the house clean and tidy. I find that I am a much sweeter Mom when my house is not a wreck, you know?! Plus I think it is vital that boys learn to do housework.

I am sure their future wives will thank me someday:)

Monday--Costco rotisserie chicken, rolls, buttermilk dressing, greens, carrots and cucumber spears. Family Home Evening treat--Blue Bell ice cream cones

Tuesday--Whole Wheat Spaghetti and meatballs from the freezer with bottled sauce from the pantry, sauteed zucchini, green salad, tangerines

Wednesday--Quesidillas with chicken (leftover rotisserie) and black beans, chips and salsa, apple slices

Thursday--Tuscan lentil soup, muffins from the freezer--unless my boys end up with a Wrestling match that night and then it will be breakfast burritos in the car:)

Friday--Pizza -from the local pizzeria--served with baby spinach, carrots and cucumbers

Saturday--Leftovers, or nachos for boys--DATE NIGHT for Mom and Dad (can not wait:)

Sunday--Super Bowl FOOD--lots of fun appetizers! woo hoo!
We had some sunny days here in the South over the weekend--it was heaven:)
Hope ya'll have a happy week!

1 comment:

kera said...

it makes my crazy ocd head feel soooo much better {and less crazy!!} to hear that i'm not alone in the "when my house is cleaner i'm a sweeter momma"!! i'm totally with you, i just feel better all around when my house home is tidy, clean, and organized! we LOVE lentils!!! i've got the easiest recipe from my mom, made it wedensday night and have been eating it for lunch the rest of the week!

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs