Monday, July 25, 2011

Back on Track baby!

 This summer has been a whirl wind of activity at our house. This little indoor picnic was a rare moment with just my little guys at home.  The big brothers were off to scout camp and birthday parties and we took advantage of the unusual lack of anything going on to have some little people fun together.  They were delighted with our simple dinner served on a tablecloth in front of the movie 'Gnomeo and Juliet'.  What a treat to sit back and soak in my sweet little boys, knowing that soon enough they will be too busy for a family room picnic with their Mom:)
Lately I have missed those "lazy days of summer" that we used to have, even when the boys would drive me crazy with complaints that they were bored. We didn't really have any of that this year!  I am not sure if I have ever been so busy as a Mother as I have this summer. We had swim team practises daily, with meets on the weekends, soccer practises and games, summer weight training at the school, wrestling camps, football camps, basketball camps, scout camps and the list goes on!   I am going to have to think about how to do things a bit differently and what we can cut out next year to find a better balance.  I am so worn out this summer that I am actually looking forward to school starting for a slower schedule...and that is just wrong! 

I will say that I think my boys have had a happy summer--and that makes it worth it.  I think they all loved being busy with sports (their favorite pastime:)  One highlight for me was watching my Bridger play soccer. It was his first time on a team after watching his big brothers play for years.  He was so excited and thrilled with himself,  it was ADORABLE!  I really love watching my children play sports and do what they love. 

 So all in all it was a good summer and with all our activities wrapping up we will have the next week and half before school starts to relax and check a few more things off our Summer Bucket List. 
 Also, I will have more time for this little neglected blog!  yeah!  Thanks for sticking with me:)

How is your summer going?  **And do you have any suggestions for a good book that Brad and I could listen to on our way to Savannah, GA to (finally) celebrate our June 29th Anniversary?  Please share!**

5 comments:

Heidi said...

How about listening to Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil on your drive to Savannah?

Melanie Anne said...

Thank you Heidi!! We will check that book out!

Brittany said...

that picnic looked fun! that is still my life right now - pretty relaxed with just my two little ones but I know that some day it will be crazy busy like yours! I better enjoy it while I can! :)Although I know you have so much with your boys, busy schedules and all! Love you guys!

Mindy said...

That picnic looks so fun. I miss those two cute little guys. I can't wait for christmas so I can see them.

Jan S said...

Oh, dear, seeing those two little boys having their picnic filled me with longing to give them big hugs. Can't wait to see you at Christmas . . . I'm counting the days!

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs