Friday, February 1, 2013

Friday Favorites


Happy Friday!  Today I wanted to share a few of my favorite things lately: (It is so funny but as I type that I can hear Julia Andrews singing that line in the Sound of Music--lol  I loved that movie as a kid)

First up:
I love pretty nails, but never seem to find the time to paint them until I was introduced to this awesome polish, thanks to my sweet Mother in Law ( who always has pretty nails)..
It dries in 60 seconds and if you put a top coat on--it will last for days:)  Not to mention it is SO much cheaper than my usual favorite OPI.  I think it is just as good, seriously!

I have been wearing Danskos for years, but I just got these new XP (with memory foam) ones for Christmas--and they are HEAVENLY!
If you are ever in the hospital (although I really hope you have no reason to be there) you will see most nurses and Doctors wearing these shoes. There is a reason--those people are on their feet all day and can vouch for the comfort of these babies. They have this rocking insole that literally saves your back and feet after a long day.  Danskos are awesome!  They are expensive, but save up because this is money well spent--and they last forever!  I have the "black pull up" but I do think these patent leather ones are cute! Oh and I will add--do some research or get measured at a store that sells them.  The fit is important--and it is a bit unusual.



I am really loving this cute free prirntable.  It is a fun and sweet way to give my honey a list of home repairs and tasks that really need to be done:)


With Superbowl coming up this weekend, I thought I would share a couple favorites that I will be serving from The Sisters Cafe (my recipe site)
First up...Avocado Salsa.
Seriously good stuff and with the great price on avocados lately this is a perfect offering!
 Avocado Salsa

Have you tried Pretzel Rolls yet?
They sell them at Costco, but they are not hard to make and you will save yourself some money ( for your  Danskos ha ha:)  I will be serving mine with BBQ pork.  YUM!


I would love to hear some of your favorite things--leave a comment or email me at melandboys@gmail.com
Have a great weekend!

PS
Go Niners:)  
My Hubby spent 1/2 his life in the Bay area--
so he is very excited that his team is in the Super Bowl!  Yay!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to try the clogs! I love Danskos -- love reading your blog!
Deb

Melanie Anne said...

Thanks Deb:) YOu will love those new XP clogs--they are awesome:)

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs