Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Special Sunday Guest



We were thrilled to have Coleman's wonderful teacher and her husband over for dinner this Sunday. She couldn't make it to our little teacher appreciation dinner we had in the Fall--so we had another one just for her!
Coleman loves his teacher! According to him, Mrs. Langley is so fun, really super nice, extra smart and pretty too! I have to agree! Most of all, I am so happy that Coleman has a teacher that is so kind and loves him!
We set the table with our nicest dishes, made a yummy dinner and Coleman wrote her a sweet little card and made her a cute clipboard.

The Menu (yes I know I changed it)
Honey Mustard Chicken
Chilled Orzo and Wild Rice Salad
Spinach, Feta, Pinenut and Strawberry Salad with a Lemon vinaigrette
Roasted Balsamic glazed Asparagus
Buttermilk Rolls with Raspberry Butter
Classic Chocolate Bundt Cake

Right before our guests arrived Cannon helped himself to the cake:)


Look at that cute little face...what a stinker! We served around the little missing handful and everyone got a good laugh!

8 comments:

kaleyq said...

I love that you have their teachers over for a special dinner. What a wonderful evening! And cute Cannon...he sure wears chocolate cake well! :) YUM!

Brittany said...

That is so neat! I bet Coleman loved that - his teacher sounds wonderful - I'm so happy about that! Cannon is so CUTE!! What a little stinker, like you said! (Gabe would say "stinker pot" - his own combination of stinker and stinkpot!) :)

Mindy said...

Pretty cute! I love the stinker things that little boys do. Cannon looks adorable. And Coleman looks so big! I'm glad he has such a nice teacher. I think it is so nice that you invite their teachers over for dinner. Love you!

stephanie said...

Cute pictures and yummy menu. I love your ideas!

Erin said...

What a fun thing to do, Melanie. I am totally going to do this too, when Ben is in school. I love the idea. I'm sure his teacher loved it. I think it is great that you 'roll with it' when stuff happens like Cannon sticking his hand in the cake. You are a great mom! You don't stress about things, but you just turn them into a funny memory to laugh about.

kera said...

i'm not blog stalking now but we know "mrs langley"!!!! i really know her through my husband but what a small world!!! you'll have to tell her that jon and kera hughes said hi! i do agree that she is sweet and beautiful!! lucky man to have a great teacher!!

Sunflower Farm and Petit Creek Lavender said...

That is so funny-helping himself to cake. That is so something that would happen in our house!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs